Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The 0.8 mile high club

Have you ever pushed a fully loaded bike uphill for 0.8 miles? If you have, you can join the club. Those guys at the Old Spokes Home bike shop either have spotty memories of their passage around the "flat" western side of Lake George or they are laughing their heads off right about now. Good God. Maybe I should have clarified what I meant by "flat": not leading to near cardiac arrest. I'm looking forward to jumping in the lake later... just another 25 miles or so to tonight's campsite. Good thing I'm bulking up with a veggie burger and rootbeer float.
P.S.- Hey New York, Pennsylvania called. She says she wants her hills back.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Just making sure this isn't spam.... Thanks for your patience. :)Ibti