Simple salad with lemony dressing
- juice from 2-3 lemons (about 1/3 cup of juice)
- handful of fresh herbs (rosemary, basil, chives, thyme, sage, oregano, etc), finely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of sugar (optional)
- 1 large bunch of greens (spinach, baby kale, baby beet greens, tatsoi, chard, lettuce, etc.), washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
Whisk together lemon juice and herbs in a medium bowl. While whisking, slowly pour olive oil in a slow stream. Add salt and pepper (and sugar) to taste. Blot the washed greens dry using a towel or salad spinner. Toss greens in a large bowl with dressing. Devour.
That's all. Enough salivating over my keyboard. Now it's time to juice some lemons, pick a few herbs, make some of that dressing and get eating....