Saturday, January 21, 2012

The spice of life

This would've come in handy on my bike trip, eh? A little more compact than my own selection of 25-or-so critical spices in jars and ziploc bags, yes (nevermind the full-size wooden pepper grinder). Thanks, mom.

Not sure I'd've used up the included BBQ spice blend or the Jamaican Jerk mix on the road, but to be fair I've never actually *tried* them with lentils (my travel food staple). The result can't possibly be worse than the peanut butter and avocado sandwich debacle.

Anyhow, for those of you thinking of taking a cross-country bike trip sometime soon, maybe get yourself one of these. Me, I may just tuck it into my little messenger bag the next time I head to a friend's place to make dinner. Never know when I might need some emergency sweet paprika powder or Chinese 5-spice blend. Though I may need to include a supplementary kit with lavender, cumin, coriander seed, turmeric, saffron....

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, that looks really handy even if you aren't traveling. We had to throw out a bunch of spices a few months ago because we just hadn't used them up and they were several years old.

    In terms of travel sandwiches, peanut butter and avocado sandwiches sound terrible. I wouldn't recommend my mistake - nutella and jelly, way tooo sweet - but it wasn't that bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Just making sure this isn't spam.... Thanks for your patience. :)Ibti