1. You regularly ride public transit with a backpack overstuffed with garden produce.
2. You end up having a lengthy conversation with the woman behind the counter at the liquor store about her favorite way to cook leafy greens. (What? I was buying some supplies to make more bitters!)
3. You proudly show strangers photos of your seedlings on your phone.
4. You take photos of amusing food-related things while on vacation.
5. You save your old laundry detergent bottles to make watering cans. These are especially handy since nobody wants to steal 'em.