Friday, February 11, 2011

Busy bee


Faithful readers, I must apologize for my negligence of the esteemed duty of keeping you abreast of sustainable food goings on and adventures in biking this past month. It's been a busy time, and I am immersed each and every day in fascinating research and engaging conversations with food activists, educators, farmers, and cyclists.... and used school bus salesmen, food truck operators, small business owners, filmmakers, policy advocates, and government officials. It's not that there's nothing to blog about; it's that there's no time to blog!

Okay, okay, that is sounding like me making excuses. As the line between my awesome job and my personal love of all things food continues to blur, I've been talking, writing, thinking, and dreaming about food constantly. In truth, I have been writing quite a bit. About the adventures in bus stalking as I continue to research vehicles for my mobile farmers' market project. About my upcoming workshop on fermenting foods at the (free!) Rooting DC Forum. About seasonal recipes. About pastured meat. (Oops, this last one isn't available in print until next month. If you don't have a subscription, you can pick up a copy of the March issue of Acres USA at your local food co-op soon.)

But you're right -- I can almost see you giving your computer monitor a stern look right now, brow furrowed, lips pursed -- I've been slacking here with the Bikeable Feast. Stay tuned for a write-up on this weekend's TEDx satellite event: my first public speaking opportunity on behalf of Arcadia. (Somebody take the microphone out of my hand. Please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Just making sure this isn't spam.... Thanks for your patience. :)Ibti