Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fuuuuudge!

You know that scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie is helping his dad change the flat tire? My morning was kind of like that, only it was me changing a bike tire (and luckily only the houseplants were around to hear the swearing).

Already running about 15 minutes late for this morning's Farm to School cooking demo, I was just getting out the bike pump to top off the air after loading Ollie up with a giant bag of kale and other fixin's for my (now famous) massaged kale salad when I heard that familiar hiss.... Noooo!

This incident marked a personal best: 12 minutes it took me to get Ollie flipped over, unhook the brakes, get her rear wheel off, tube out, check for lingering puncture creators, get the new tube in, pump it up, slide the wheel back on, rehook the brakes, load up, and get out the door. (No time for hand washing!)

I was a pool of sweat, with grease so thick on my hands I had to wash them TWICE before the official group handwashing with the middle schoolers at Capital City Public Charter School, but I made it. And still 10 minutes before I was meant to start. Not too shabby, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Just making sure this isn't spam.... Thanks for your patience. :)Ibti