Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Another snow day??

I remember back when I was a regular classroom teacher in New York City and, overworked and underslept, nearly every winter morning I would secretly pray for a snow day as I leaned across the bed to turn off my alarm at zero dark thirty. I usually spent those rare, blessed snow days catching up on grading rather than sleep, but I wasn't all work and no play: there was the occasional Star Wars or Lord of the Rings movie marathon (while grading essays).

These days, as a part-time food educator, I'm chomping at the bit to get back into the classroom after a slow few weeks of work around the holidays. My first two days of teaching in the new year have been canceled due to snow. Boo. Though the unplowed bike lanes and off-street paths are too treacherous for riding (and, frankly, the sidewalks are almost as sketchy for walking to and from the metro), I'm not so secretly hoping school *isn't* canceled again tomorrow.

Meanwhile, there is snow art to admire in the neighborhood, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Just making sure this isn't spam.... Thanks for your patience. :)Ibti