Monday, March 17, 2014

Broccoli vs. kale

It's St. Patrick's Day, so I thought I'd celebrate with something green. I wore my bright green bicycle socks on the trip back from New York City earlier today -- didn't want to get pinched on my way through the parade going on in Manhattan as I shuffled to the Bolt bus.

Speaking of green: I saw this little number as Felicity and I were leaving Claire's after a lovely lunch in New Haven this weekend. Ha!

Now, I do love kale. (If you've followed this blog for any length of time, or been to a few cooking classes I've led in recent years, you know this.) It is not a pretentious green -- my dad has even remarked on how CHEAP kale is when he buys a big bag of loose curly kale at Giant -- but this campaign is hilarious. And if hilarity helps get people thinking about eating a wider variety of healthy foods, I'm all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Just making sure this isn't spam.... Thanks for your patience. :)Ibti