Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bikin' in the rain

Wow. I have not been out riding in a summer thunderstorm in some time. It actually felt pretty good, though it got a bit hard to see at times. I may or may not have been humming to myself during the torrential downpour that hit right as I was crossing New Jersey Avenue....

I'm bikin’ in the rain
Just bikin’ in the rain
What a nice summer feelin'
It’s not sweat, for a change
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark along my path
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for a bath
Let the stormy clouds chase
Every car from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I ride down the lane
As grease splashes from my chain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain.

 Skiddin' in the rain
Skee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
Dwee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
I'm drippy again!
I'm singin' and bikin' in the rain!

Why am I riding
And why do I sing?
Why’s this midsummer
As rainy as spring?
Why do I get up, grab Ollie, and ride,
Happy and helmeted
 With grease on my shin?
Why is each commute
A trifle to do?
Because I am bikin’ along with you.

I'm glad it was today's deluge that soaked me to the bone, rather than last night's rainstorm when Kenton and I were bound for a birthday dinner at Iron Gate in our summer finery. Oh, it was raining, so we took a cab. (Sorry, Ollie!) Oh, that meal. Worth another post all to itself. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Just making sure this isn't spam.... Thanks for your patience. :)Ibti