Sunday, July 15, 2012

What do all of the important people in my life have in common?

Why, they love food, of course!

Should you be surprised that I talked my way past no less than five security personnel to get out of the airport during the 5-hour layover on my way back from Italy so that I could meet up with my best friend and snack my way around the outdoor market in downtown Montreal?


They also try to feed me at any opportunity.

Should I be surprised that Becky sent me off with a stash of her famous homemade chocolate chip cookies and a couple of peaches for the plane ride home? (Sorry, Mr. Customs Officer, but is it my fault that they made me fill out the customs form before I left the airport?)

I love good food. I can't help it. And the people I love do, too.

To my dear friends scattered about the country -- and in some cases, the globe -- I'm sorry to say that I'm going to have to eat your share of tonight's braised baby artichokes, chilled pink borscht, and sourdough bread. Wish you were here to share it with me. I miss you!

1 comment:

  1. I miss the artichokes! You need to put 'This Week's Menu' online:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Just making sure this isn't spam.... Thanks for your patience. :)Ibti